Trail Running Program
Anyone interested in trail running in 2018? Off-road running is good for the body and the soul. Trails don’t pound the legs, their uneven surfaces and hills build leg and lung strength, and they provide a close-up view of Mother Nature at her best. Our 14-week Trail Running program teaches participants how to safely enjoy off-road running and introduces them to different local trails. Each Sunday run offers both short and long courses, so participants of various abilities can participate.
Is this the program for you? This program will be best for runners of all paces or abilities that…
- can run distances of 6 miles or more (hint: running on a trail for 4 miles equals more than 6 miles on the road).
- would like to learn to run safely on trails to prevent falls and spills.
- don’t want to tackle trail running solo.
- do not mind getting their feet wet or their clothes muddy
- know trail running can be hard and embrace an unparalleled running challenge.
- appreciate that trail running is a great core stability workout too.
- want to be a kid again and hike up inclines so steep you are forced to walk and descents so tricky that you have to slide on your butt.
- do not obsess about exact mileage or split times, how liberating!
The Program Details:
- The program begins with a formal, "no running required" meeting. January 15th at 6:30 pm at Fleet Feet
- Trail workouts are held on Sunday mornings at 8am on some of the best trails the Tri Valley has to offer (locations vary week to week).
- Goal Race Rodeo Beach Rumble on April 28th, 2018
- 8K, Half Marathon, 30k, and 50K option. The distance is up to you!
Cost: $60. The cost of the program also includes a year long membership to our Race Club!
How do I sign up?
If you would like further information regarding our new trail running program, contact Coach Ethan at email@example.com.
Online registration open now! (There will be a $3.10 fee)
Sunday Long Runs
Rodeo Beach Rumble
$60 annual fee